PEACH Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the divinely inspired and the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:21)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Gen 1:1; Jn 10:30; Jn 10:37-38; 1 Cor 6:19; Gal 4:6)
3. We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isa 7:14; Matt 1:23; Lk 1:35; Heb 4:15; Heb 7:25; Jn 2:11; Heb 9:12; Col 1:14; Jn 11:25; Acts 1:11; Rev 19:11-16)
4. We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and an absolute necessity for his salvation. (Rom 3:19, 23; Jn 3:16-19; Eph 2:18-19; Titus 3:5-6)
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Eph 4:30, 5.18; 1 Cor 6:19-20)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they who are saved unto eternal life and they who are lost unto eternal damnation. (Jn 5:28-29)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 8, 9; 1 Cor 12:12-13; Gal 3:26-28)
8. We believe that marriage is a sacred union between one man and one woman (Gen 2:18 , Gen 2:21-24)
9. We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God. (Gen 1:26-28, 5:1-2)
10. Affiliation Statement: "PEACH neither supports nor endorses the World Council of Churches, National Council of Churches, or any other world, national, or regional organization which gives Christian recognition to unbelievers or advocates multi-faith union.”
PEACH Statement of Purpose
The purpose of PEACH shall be to provide the opportunity for fellowship, socialization
and informational exchange among homeschooling families by:
1. PEACH defines homeschooling as:
Definition and Clarification of Homeschooling: Section 29.916 of the Texas Education Code states,
[A] "Home-schooled student" means a student who predominantly receives instruction in a general elementary or secondary education program that is provided by the parent, or a person standing in parental authority, in or through the child's home.
PEACH’s Guidance Regarding Texas’ Homeschool Definition: PEACH adheres to Section 29.916 Texas Education Code’s definition of homeschooling. PEACH considers enrollment in a public, charter, or private school to be mutually exclusive of homeschooling.
PEACH is a Christian Homeschool group and requires that in addition to meeting the definition of Homeschooling as noted above, the child’s instruction must be primarily parent-led and Christ-centered. It must support AND not contradict Biblical teaching consistent with the PEACH Statement of Faith.
For families where some children are homeschooled and some are not homeschooled, only the homeschooled children are eligible to participate in PEACH sponsored groups (e.g., Trail Life, American Heritage Girls, etc.). The only exception to this is for those parents who have obtained a waiver from the PEACH Board.
The following programs do not comply with the PEACH definition of Christian Homeschooling:
a. A public school / charter school
b. A secular private school
c. A Christian private school
2. PEACH provides moral and practical support for member families to assist parents in academically strengthening their children and in building character in their children.
3. PEACH provides a venue for exchanging resources and curriculum ideas because we understand that all children are not alike in every aspect of education, especially in terms of teaching material and methodologies.
4. PEACH provides opportunities to participate in field trips, clubs, troops, events and group activities.